As we prepare for a hearing today on sales tax fairness in the House Judiciary Committee, we thought it would be a good time to recap some important things you should know about the issue.
1. This impacts small businesses and their communities. Hear their stories.
2. Your community and state are losing out on millions of dollars of revenue. Did you know Idaho loses an estimated $103 million annually? See how much your state’s lost revenue is.
4. People (and the press) are talking, which means momentum is growing for action in Washington. (See coverage in The Wall Street Journal, Columbus Post-Dispatch, The Hill, WFSA-TV, National Journal and Women’s Wear Daily).
5. Your voice matters. Tell Congress to support the Marketplace Fairness Act and Marketplace Equity Act today!
6. Through its 60-day campaign, NRF has been fighting for retailers in hopes that Congress will act.
For more information on sales tax fairness, visit www.RetailMeansJobs.com/salestaxfairness.