There are just two weeks until NRF’s 2012 Loss Prevention Conference & EXPO in New Orleans, and for those in retail LP, it’s a much-needed chance to gear up for the mounting challenges of today’s retail world.
In NRF’s recent ORC survey, 96 percent of retailers reported their company has been the victim of organized retail crime in the past year. And with retailers losing $37.14 billion in shrinkage alone, protecting assets has never been more important.
One thing is certain though, retailers aren’t taking it lying down. Demand for loss prevention education, collaboration with law enforcement, and more tools and technology to help meet these challenges is high. More than 2,700 LP professionals are headed to the LP Conference & EXPO this month for the chance to get a jump on these issues.
In light of the recent ORC survey (and just for the fun of running numbers), we took a closer look at who’s already registered to attend LP 2012. Here are some stats to feel good about.
- 2,700+ projected attendees
- 20 of the top 25 retailers
- 31 retail companies are bringing teams of 5 or more
- 48 employees from The TJX Company alone
- 100+ speakers and loss prevention experts sharing expertise
- 17 local, state and federal law enforcement agencies in the Fusion Center
- 200+ exhibitors on the EXPO floor
- 67% of attendees are executive level or managers/directors
- 43 states and 11 countries represented
All these professionals getting together to discuss how to address the industry’s worries is great news for retailers. Why? Because as they share information and best practices, build partnerships with law enforcement and embrace technologies to help them do their jobs, attendees are not just preparing for a changing retail environment, they’re evolving and advancing the LP profession.
To be a part of the NRF LP Conference & EXPO on June 20 to 22, visit www.nrf.com/lp12.