What many consumers don’t realize is that retailers often build the cost of this kind of promotion into their holiday budgets months in advance. So while the service isn’t “free” for retailers, it’s something they know their valued shoppers look for when calculating the cost of gift giving each holiday season, and this year, nine out of 10 plan to put the offer to good use.
Free shipping has quickly become the rule and not the exception for online shoppers. In fact, Shop.org’s latest eHoliday survey found that 36.3 percent of holiday shoppers say free shipping is one of the top reasons they plan to spend more online, up there with no desire to fight holiday crowds and 24-hour convenience. With four out of 10 Americans planning to start their holiday shopping in November, now is the perfect time for these companies to spread some holiday cheer!
Noticeably, online retailers are listening. Check out these current free shipping offers I’ve already collected in my inbox:
And many retailers are also posting these special promotions on their websites ahead of the biggest shopping weekend of the year.
- Macy’s offers free shipping every day of the year with a purchase of $99 or more.
- Williams-Sonoma’s Reserve program offers year-round free shipping for $30 up front.
- Lands’ End has a promotion for 50% off all outerwear and free shipping with a $50 minimum.
- Barnes & Noble is offering free shipping with just a $25 purchase.
- Kmart is offering free shipping on orders of $49 or more.
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday less then 10 days away, more free shipping offers are still to come.